The objectives of HESPERIA are:
- To develop two novel SEP forecasting systems based upon proven concepts.
- To develop SEP forecasting tools searching for electromagnetic proxies of the gamma-ray emission in order to predict large SEP events.
- To perform systematic exploitation of the novel high-energy gamma-ray observations of the FERMI mission together with in situ SEP measurements near 1 AU
- To provide for the first time publicly available software to invert neutron monitor observations of relativistic SEPs to physical parameters that can be compared with the spaceborne measurements at lower energies.
- To perform examination of currently unexploited tools (radio emission)
- To design recommendations for future SEP forecasting systems.